Is Your 401(k) Naughty Or Nice?

Thanks to all the extra time away from work, our family is taking a few days of vacation before seeing relatives for Christmas.

I wasn’t planning to publish anything this week until one of my affiliate partners* shared a cool holiday-themed infographic about 401(k)s. Before reading the infographic (below), check out this free deal they’re offering for U.S.-based 401(k) participants.

Blooom is 401(k) robo-adviser offering a FREE 401(k) check-up on your existing account. It’s like a second pair of eyes to evaluate your 401(k) allocations. I already had this done to my account and it’s super slick. You can see the results here.

To claim your no-obligation free analysis, click over to the Blooom website and click “Start Now”.

Then securely fill out a few pieces of information, including your email address and your account info. Their proprietary software will then securely look at your actual 401(k), do the analysis, and provide feedback. Very cool.

If you want Blooom to manage your allocations for you, you can sign up for $10 per month regardless of account size (RBD readers get a month free).

Not interested? That’s fine they’ll leave you alone.

I like Blooom for 401(k) participants who are either 1) clueless or not confident with their fund selections or 2) have a high account balance (>$20,000) and want their portfolio to be professionally managed for them.

Since the $10 monthly fee is fixed, Blooom becomes a better value for larger account balances.

If you know what you’re doing with your fund selections, hiring Blooom to allocate your funds is probably not for you. But you can still get the free analysis.

Get Your Free 401(k) Analysis at Blooom

OK, onto the infographic from Blooom.

Is your 401(k) naughty or nice this holiday season? Check out the infographic then take advantage of the free analysis of your 401(k) offered by Blooom.

* RBD partners with several financial services providers and advertisers who are interested in connecting with readers from this website. These partners pay me an affiliate commission when someone referred from RBD becomes a customer. Affiliate commissions are one of a few ways this site earns money. I only mention and recommended products and services that I use or have vetted. For a more complete list of product and services recommendations, check out the Recommended page.

For more on how I make money on this website, click here. To learn more about starting your own online business, read this article.

You'll receive my weekly articles in your inbox and the FREE eBook 6 EASY Income Streams You Can Start Building Today!

We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time. Powered by Seva

7 Responses to Is Your 401(k) Naughty Or Nice?

1. george December 21, 2017 at 9:36 am #

RBD I’ve noticed lately that you’re doing a lot more commercials with these posts. No issues with trying to get those greenbacks but maybe space them out more with content in between these commercial posts. Just a thought.

• Retire Before Dad December 21, 2017 at 9:50 am #

Hey George,
      Thanks for your feedback. Normally I would space out this kind of affiliate content. However, the M1 news was announced just last Wednesday and it was a total surprise. That post was already in the works, but the awesome news was reason to get it out as soon as possible. This weeks info-graphic is holiday themed so it was either this week or not at all. Most years I haven’t posted anything during these last two weeks of the year as I take some time off. But these last two posts presented themselves and were both timely. Next week will be a year in review that was originally scheduled to post on 12/14.

On the plus side, these last two posts have filled up the month of December so there’s no gap in content. On top of that, both mentions are free products that can benefit a lot of readers.

• george December 28, 2017 at 8:53 am #

Thanks RBD for the response. I just needed some more context.

2. Eddie December 21, 2017 at 10:58 am #

I love this blog and benefit from the sanity checks (age savings/asset allocation charts) as well as the free resources (CTI, m1, other great blog referrals). RBD, as long as the posts are consistent with resources that you utilize and that genuinely serve investors, I’m down and not offended. I like staying abreast of what’s available (for free) even if I’m not personally going to use them. Always good conversational fodder. Enjoy the vacation and holidays with your family. Thanks for blogging.

3. Karen January 2, 2018 at 3:20 pm #

Thank you RBD, my investments were way off but I did have green thumbs up on the fees. This was sooooooo easy, definitely worth the $10 a month.

• Retire Before Dad January 2, 2018 at 3:52 pm #

Glad to hear you like the service and it’s worth it to you. My investments didn’t match their recommendations either, but my fees were low too. I think they bias diversification over fees, which is probably a good thing.