More than five years ago, I started reading an anonymous money blog called 1500 Days. The writer had a similar idea to mine, to escape the rat race early and stop working on his terms instead of what’s traditionally considered normal retirement age.
Since the beginning, the 1500 Days blog has hosted an almost weekly series called 10 Questions featuring personal finance guest bloggers. Each new blogger introduces themselves to his readers and writes about their money, life, and favorite pizza joints.
In 2013, just three months after I started RBD, I reached out to Mr. 1500 to participate as a 10 Questions guest blogger.
Here’s the email I wrote:
Carl graciously accepted my mediocre pitch, despite the very unimpressive website theme and logo (it was the words ‘Retire Before Dad’ in bold Arial font).
Sadly, I was too lazy to spend the time writing the guest post. I asked him in person two years later when we met at a bloggers conference, and again, he accepted.
I kicked the can down the road a second time.
Until finally, last year, I asked Carl again to be a guest post contributor. He said sure, but the waiting list was now six months!
Putting it on my calendar motivated me to get it done this time, more than five years after my initial ask.
He still calls it 10 Questions, but I answered 32 from his giant list of questions.
What You’ll Learn About Me (That You Didn’t Know Already)
Even if you’ve read every one of my blog posts (nobody has, I’m sure), there is still a lot you don’t know about me.
Some things you’ll learn:
- The best thing I ever bought
- The worst thing I ever bought
- My worst money mistake (might be familiar)
- My big splurge coming up this year
- The new savings plan that my son is working on
- What we pay our kids for allowance (and how they earn it)
- My ideal vacation and why
- Nine of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been
- My favorite beer (guaranteed to disappoint any connoisseurs out there)
- Four of my favorite pizza places
- And 14 of my favorite albums
Please head over to 1500Days to check out the article. The button below will take you there.
Photo credit: Emily Morter via Unsplash
Subscribe to Retire Before Dad!
You'll receive my weekly articles in your inbox and the FREE eBook 6 EASY Income Streams You Can Start Building Today!